- A more seamless and automated experience is what almost every Silicon Valley company has attempted to produce over the last number of years, but a new company self-proclaimed as Xix.ai thinks they can eliminate wasted time on your mobile device better than anyone else using a technology they like to call a ‘Recurrent Neural Network’.
- The company says it wants to use embedded deep links to automate your processes that would normally take a number of actions, and can make almost everything you do on your device that much more seamless and integrated.
- It started with dedicated apps that took information about your usage process while providing a service in return, and eventually created an Android launcher to help express the benefits of the technology.
- One of the early apps logged what you were doing and in return restricted access to certain apps at various selected times, which was useful for those looking to stay productive while helping the AI to learn what people do and in what order, which eventually transformed into an Android launcher that had the neural network built in, and would ask users how they were feeling in order to show suggested apps.
- It isn’t sure exactly where the final home of the technology will reside, whether it be in an Android launcher or a whole separate fork of Android all together, but they are quite confident that they will find an investor interested in their technology.
Xix.ai is a self-proclaimed ‘Recurrent Neural Network’ platform which aims to help people save wasted time on their phones by automating various processes.
Continue reading “Xix.ai wants to save you wasted time on your Android phone”
- The blind development of AI automation threatens to destroy humans ability to discover meaningful work.Most discussions around AI focus on how governments are going to maintain employment in the future when job automation is going to be common place.
- More and more jobs are becoming mundane as individuals become slaves to the technology that removes the skill from their practices.Defining meaningful work is difficult.
- Rather:‘Meaningful work is that which actualises human potentials: creativity, autonomy, abilities and talents, identity, sociality’ and is ‘necessary to fulfil a human end or purpose e.g. happiness, self-development and well-being, or personal development’.
- Opposing the pure economics view that work is simply a means to an end, meaningful work is part of the development of the individual.
- But, with considered thought, technology can be used to co-operate with the individual to create meaningful work, not remove it.
The development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is slowly weaving itself into the fabric of many established industries. In a recent report McKinsey estimated that 60% of todays jobs will have at…
Continue reading “How Artificial Intelligence is Destroying Meaningful Work”
- We think technology can help.Today, Google and Jigsaw are launching Perspective, an early-stage technology that uses machine learning to help identify toxic comments.
- Through an API, publishers — including members of the Digital News Initiative — and platforms can access this technology and use it for their sites.HOW IT WORKSPerspective reviews comments and scores them based on how similar they are to comments people said were “toxic” or likely to make someone leave a conversation.
- Each time Perspective finds new examples of potentially toxic comments, or is provided with corrections from users, it can get better at scoring future comments.Publishers can choose what they want to do with the information they get from Perspective.
- Publishers could even just allow readers to sort comments by toxicity themselves, making it easier to find great discussions hidden under toxic ones.We’ve been testing a version of this technology with The New York Times, where an entire team sifts through and moderates each comment before it’s posted — reviewing up to 11,000 comments every day.
- We’ve worked together to train models that allows Times moderators to sort through comments more quickly, and we’ll work with them to enable comments on more articles every day.WHERE WE GO FROM HEREPerspective joins the TensorFlow library and the Cloud Machine Learning Platform as one of many new machine learning resources Google has made available to developers.
Imagine trying to have a conversation with your friends about the news you read this morning, but every time you said something, someone shouted in your face, called you a nasty name or accused you…
Continue reading “WHEN COMPUTERS LEARN TO SWEAR: – Jigsaw – Medium”
- Unfortunately, this happens all too frequently online as people try to discuss ideas on their favorite news sites but instead get bombarded with toxic comments.
- According to the same report, online harassment has affected the lives of roughly 140 million people in the U.S., and many more elsewhere.
- News organizations want to encourage engagement and discussion around their content, but find that sorting through millions of comments to find those that are trolling or abusive takes a lot of money, labor, and time.
- As a result, many sites have shut down comments altogether.
- Through an API, publishers—including members of the Digital News Initiative—and platforms can access this technology and use it for their sites.
Google and Jigsaw announce the launch of Perspective, an early-stage technology that uses machine learning to identify toxic comments.
Continue reading “When computers learn to swear: Using machine learning for better online conversations”
- Deep inside Bridgewater Associates LP, the world’s largest hedge-fund firm, software engineers are at work on a secret project that founder Ray Dalio has sometimes called “The Book of the Future.”
- The goal is technology that would automate most of the firm’s management.
- It would represent a culmination of Mr. Dalio’s life work to build Bridgewater into an altar to radical openness—and a place that can endure without him.
Bridgewater wants day-to-day management—hiring, firing, decision-making—to be run by software that doles out instructions
Continue reading “The World’s Largest Hedge Fund Is Building an Algorithmic Model From its Employees’ Brains”
Should your driverless car value your life over a pedestrian’s? Should your Fitbit activity be used against you in a court case? Should we allow drones to become the new paparazzi? Can on…
Continue reading “Agenda / Artificial Intelligence and Robotics”
- According to Accenture, AI will define future customer experience .
- “The power of AI is the power to make better decisions.
- Reese shared a historical example of AI and whether AI should be used to make decision.
- If AI has the power to make better decisions, then any business that has to make decisions, will be able to make more informed and fast decisions.
- Reese notes that AI in business is really heating up.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the new UI, according to Accenture’s Technology Vision 2017 report, identifying trends that are essential to business suc…
Continue reading “The Power of Artificial Intelligence is to Make Better Decisions”