- SINGAPORE — In the brave new world of smart homes, Dyson thinks it’s got a way to get a leg up over the competition: artificial intelligence.
- “Almost every product can benefit from AI, lighting, purification, cleaning — everything that you see in a room needs artificial intelligence,” declared Sir James Dyson, its founder said at its launch event.
- Sir James Dyson, speaking at the Singapore launch.Dyson’s already started dipping its toes in the connected home scene.
- My dream is much rather that everything is automatic, and sets itself for you to your preference,” Dyson said.
- Testing has already begun for Dyson’s new home lighting and fan systems, using face and voice recognition to detect the user, then adjusting its temperature and speed to their precise preferences.
Imagine never having to input a setting again.
Continue reading “Dyson is quietly working artificial intelligence into all of its home gadgets”
- The batteries, which are manufactured from lithium, will come from Tesla’s Gigafactory.
- Despite not being fully operational until 2020, the Gigafactory’s insatiable hunger for raw material has forced Tesla to make a deal with the state of Nevada to reroute Interstate 80 and Interstate 50 , in order to shave a few miles off of the lithium highway.
- In order to do that they have introduced: Tesla Semi, a heavy duty autonomous cargo truck, currently in development.
- With production planned for around the time the Gigafactory goes fully online, the Tesla Semi may be the only way to sustain its magnitude of production. “
- We believe the Tesla Semi will deliver a substantial reduction in the cost of cargo transport” said Elon Musk.
Elon Musk’s plan for the future of energy will require almost half of the world’s supply of Lithium; sustaining that may require the world’s first autonomous trucking fleet to link the Tesla(TSLA) Gigafactory with Albermarle’s(ALB) Chemetall-Foote Lithium Plant, the largest lithium producer in North America. Tesla’s grand plan for an energy revolution is predicated on high…
Continue reading “Tesla Inc’s First Autonomous Trucking Fleet Could Create the Most Important Supply Line in America by 2020 – Autconomy”
- Google Machine Learning Models for Image Captioning Ported to TensorFlow and Open-Sourced
- The model comes up with a caption that hadn’t previously existed.
- The model appears to address this problem by introducing a fine-tuning phase that allows the model to extract information useful for describing details of objects, exclusive of the classification phase.
- Google chronicled their journey over the past few years with their announcement around open-sourcing a TensorFlow model for image captioning, and some of the testing for comparing accuracy and performance benchmarks between the new approach and existing implementations.
- It splits the image classification phase for identifying objects from another phase that adds adjectives and prepositional phrases, and from a phase in which the model gives the caption structure to make it more syntactically correct and humanlike.
As TensorFlow becomes more widely adopted in the machine learning and data science domains, existing machine learning models and engines are being ported from existing frameworks to TensorFlow for improved performance, furthering the adoption and success of the open-sourced project.
Continue reading “Google Machine Learning Models for Image Captioning Ported to TensorFlow and Open-Sourced”