- Like reinforcement learning, deep learning also takes inspiration from the human brain.
- When it’s combined with reinforcement learning, it makes the search for the best solution more efficient.
- While traffic lights do use sensors to try and make slightly more intelligent decisions than perhaps they once did, they are still fairly dumb tools for regulating the flow of traffic.
- The researchers believe reinforcement learning provides just such a capability .
- A recent Chinese study explores whether machine learning can do a better job.
Driverless cars are one thing, but sensor-bearing traffic lights that learn and adapt could be hitting the streets in short order. Read on to find out more.
Continue reading “Can AI and Sensors Power the Next Generation of Traffic Lights?”