This picture originally posted here covers the following topics:
Continue reading “Python for Big Data in One Picture”
- This blog about machine learning was written by Emily Barry.
- Emily is a Data Scientist in San Francisco, California.
- The more she learns about machine learning algorithms, the more challenging it is to keep these subjects organized in her brain to recall at a later time.
- This is by no means a comprehensive guide to machine learning, but rather a study in the basics for herself and the likely small overlap of people who like machine learning and love emoji as much as she do.
- For more articles about machine learning, click here.
This blog about machine learning was written by Emily Barry. Emily is a Data Scientist in San Francisco, California. She really loves emoji. Another thing she…
Continue reading “New Machine Learning Cheat Sheet by Emily Barry”
- In February, Twitter announced it had 319 million monthly active users worldwide, or just slightly under the number of every person in the United States.But of those 319 million, as many as 48 million aren’t actually real, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of Southern California: They’re just software programs, designed to do everything a normal person on Twitter would do, including following other accounts and liking and retweeting certain messages.Those accounts, called “bots,” can range from accounts dedicated to alerting their followers about emergencies to political advocates intended to boost the numbers of a programmer’s preferred candidate.
- “Many bot accounts are extremely beneficial, like those that automatically alert people of natural disasters … or from customer service points of view,” a Twitter spokesperson told CNBC.However, there are also plenty of fake accounts.
- Because a person’s number of Twitter followers is often seen as indicative of how popular and powerful that person is, there are services that allow people to buy followers, and quite often those services use bots as part of their service.Twitter has acknowledged the existence of bots in the past and has attempted to crack down on them, suspending accounts they believe are not human.
- However, as CNBC reports, the USC study goes far beyond what Twitter itself has claimed about the number of bots on its platform.
- In February, Twitter estimated in a SEC filing that up to 8.5 percent of its users were not human, while the USC study’s authors say even its estimate of 15 percent is “conservative.”
The study, from researchers at the University of Southern California, found that anywhere between nine and 15 percent of active users on the social media site are automated software that can like, retweet and follow just like accounts managed by humans.
Continue reading “As many as 48 million accounts on Twitter are actually bots, study finds”
Data science today is a lot like the Wild West: there’s endless opportunity and excitement, but also a lot of chaos and confusion. If you’re new to data scien…
Continue reading “Book: Evaluating Machine Learning Models”
- According to Wikipedia, deep learning (deep structured learning, hierarchical learning or deep machine learning) is a branch of machine learning based on a set of algorithms that attempt to model high-level abstractions in data by using multiple processing layers, with complex structures or otherwise, composed of multiple non-linear transformations.
- Deep learning is sometimes defined as the intersection between machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Many articles on deep learning can be found here.
According to Wikipedia, deep learning (deep structured learning, hierarchical learning or deep machine learning) is a branch of machine learning based on a set…
Continue reading “11 Deep Learning Articles, Tutorials and Resources”
(Yicai Global) Feb. 16 — Chinese Internet giant Baidu Inc. [NASDAQ:BIDU] has taken another step in developing its artificial intelligence (AI) business by announcing that it will acquire Raven Tech Co, a Beijing-based AI startup.
Continue reading “Baidu Steps up Investment in Artificial Intelligence, Acquires Raven Tech”
- Saturday Night Live animated GIF
- The GIF by Saturday Night Live has everything: snl, season 42, MELISSA MCCARTHY!
- Short URLs redirect to a specified link while rendering a GIF preview on Facebook and Twitter.
- Giphy links preview in Facebook and Twitter.
- HTML5 links autoselect optimized format.
The official GIPHY channel for Saturday Night Live. Saturdays at 11:30/10:30c! #SNL
Continue reading “Saturday Night Live GIF”