- In a new blog post, Facebook explains how existing chatbots can hold short conversations and perform simple tasks such as booking a restaurant – but building machines that can hold meaningful conversations with people is challenging because it requires a bot to combine its understanding of the conversation with its knowledge of the world, and then produce a new sentence that helps it achieve its goals.
- To help build their training set, the team created an interface with multi-issue bargaining scenarios and crowdsourced humans on Amazon Mechanical Turk to negotiate in natural language to divide a random set of objects.
- The models were trained end-to-end from the language and decisions that humans made, meaning that the approach can easily be adapted to other tasks.
- Reinforcement learning was then used to reward the model when it achieved a good outcome which prevents the AI bot from developing its own language.
- In their experiments, majority of the people didn’t know they were talking to a bot and FAIR’s best reinforcement learning negotiation agent matched the performance of human negotiators – achieving better deals about as often as worse deals.
Researchers at Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research (FAIR) published a paper introducing AI-based dialog agents that can negotiate and compromise.
Continue reading “Facebook Training AI Bots to Negotiate with Humans – News Center”
- & &
Decades ago, if you were writing about robots, it was probably in one of two forms: either a science fiction narrative, or something short about the handful of robots that could be purchased for home or recreational use.
- Home devices can recognize and respond to speech, prosthetic technology has been dramatically advanced, and our very understanding of what constitutes a robot has significantly changed.
- With these advances in technology have come other questions, some pertaining to the nature of intelligence, some relating to the lines between humanity and machines, and still more that use our research into robotics to explore what makes us human.
- So, with that in mind, here’s a look at a handful of the best books on artificial intelligence, dealing with questions of robots, body modification, the Singularity, and more.
- Crank up Flight of the Conchords’s song set after a robot uprising and dig in.
Thinking Machines: 7 of the Best Books on Artificial Intelligence
Continue reading “Thinking Machines: 7 of the Best Books on Artificial Intelligence”
- The world’s best poker bot is learning, now crushing humanity again
- Teaching AI poker could have significance outside of the poker world (although it has already transformed how humans play poker ).
- For a few days, it looked like the humans had it figured out .
- AI will likely have beaten humans on another competition .
- By the end of day 10, it was up a likely insurmountable $677,000, with all of the humans down six figures.Â (You can see the latest ).
“Libratus’s algorithms runs all the time on the supercomputer, so the supercomputer keeps outputting improved strategies every day.”
Continue reading “The world’s best poker bot is learning, now crushing humanity again”
- What’s more, using AIs to build more AIs may also increase the speed at which new AIs can be made.
- Once you’ve trained an AI to accomplish a certain goal, you can’t necessarily crack it open and see how it is doing it.
- The downside is that AI building more AIs sure seems like it’s inviting a runaway cascade and, eventually, Skynet.
- Google Is Making AI That Can Make More AI
- The lab is reportedly building AI software that can build more AI software , with the goal of making future AI cheaper and easier.
There’s no way this could go wrong.
Continue reading “Google Is Making AI That Can Make More AI”
- The course is fun and exciting, but at the same time we dive deep into Machine Learning.
- Part 4 – Clustering: K-Means, Hierarchical Clustering
- Part 10 – Model Selection & Boosting: k-fold Cross Validation, XGBoost
- We will walk you step-by-step into the World of Machine Learning.
- The course is packed with practical exercises which are based on live examples.
Coupon 100 10 15 75 Learn to create Machine Learning Algorithms in Python and R from two Data Science experts. Code templates included.
Continue reading “Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science Coupon Save 95 %”
- NASA JPL Researches Artificial Intelligence for Submersible Drones
- The drones also sensed how the ocean actively changed around them.
- “Autonomous drones are important for ocean research, but today’s drones don’t make decisions on the fly,” said Steve Chien, one of the research team’s members.
- NASA has announced that a team of researchers from its Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) and other institutions recently visited Monterey Bay, California as part of ongoing research into developing artificial intelligence for submersible drones.
- A fleet of six coordinated drones was used to study Monterey Bay.
NASA has announced that a team of researchers from its JPL and other institutions recently visited Monterey Bay, California.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence for Submersible Drones”
- A confirmation email has been sent to your email address – SUPPLIED EMAIL .
- BMW is providing IBM with four i8s to be used at prototypes to develop its Watson artificial intelligence system.
- To request a new password , please enter the email address you used when signing up for your Autocar account and we’ll send it to you.
- BMW has partnered with American technology giant IBM to co-develop artificial intelligence technology that will one day be featured on road cars.
- The systems will run on IBM’s Bluemix cloud platform, which the company has said will enable Watson technology to heighten a driver’s connection with their car.
BMW is providing IBM with four i8s to be used at prototypes to develop its Watson artificial intelligence system.
Continue reading “BMW and IBM join forces to develop AI car tech”