- The social network does machine learning one better, applying advanced computer learning techniques to…
- Deep learning is a very generic technique Tulloch said.
- The company must also deal with content posted in more than 100 languages daily complicating classic machine learning, Tulloch said.
- But deep learning has pushed the state of the art forward in computer vision tasks, Tulloch said, including with classifying videos.
- High-level understanding of content helps Facebook surface visual memories.
The social network does machine learning one better, applying advanced computer learning techniques to cater to users’ interests
Continue reading “Facebook taps deep learning for customized feeds”
- In a statement, Facebook said that computer vision could be used for anything from searching for images with just a few keywords (think Google Photos) to helping those with vision loss understand what’s in a photo.
- One of the reasons Facebook is so excited about computer vision is that visual content has exploded on the site in the past few years.
- Privacy groups call foul on WhatsApp sharing data with Facebook
- As a company, we care more about using AI than owning AI,” says Larry Zitnick, a research manager at FAIR. “
- It’s critical to understand not just what’s in the image, but where it is,” says Zitnick about what it would take for augmented reality applications to take off.
Read the full article, click here.
@RickKing16: “Facebook opens its advanced #AI vision tech to everyone”
Over the past two years, Facebook’s artificial intelligence research team (also known as FAIR) has been hard at work figuring out how to make computer vision as…
Facebook opens its advanced AI vision tech to everyone