- To use this website, cookies must be enabled in your browser.
- To enable cookies, follow the instructions for your browser below.
- There is a specific issue with the Facebook in-app browser intermittently making requests to websites without cookies that had previously been set.
- This appears to be a defect in the browser which should be addressed soon.
- The simplest approach to avoid this problem is to continue to use the Facebook app but not use the in-app browser.
It was my blessing and my curse to be the world chess champion when computers finally reached a world championship level of play. When I resigned the final match game against the IBM supercomputer Deep Blue on May 11, 1997, I became the first world champion to be defeated in a classical match by a machine.
Continue reading “Rise of artificial intelligence: learning to love machines”
- The CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, Elon Musk, is backing a new company that seeks to explore the possibility of merging the human brain with artificial intelligence (AI) to help humans keep up with machines.
- According to The Wall Street Journal, Musk has played an active role in launching the new a company called Neuralink, which seeks to create devices that can be implanted in the human brain.
- The neuroscience startup is still in its infancy but aims to create cranial computers for treating diseases and, eventually, help humans merge with software, enabling mortals to keep pace with advancements in artificial intelligence.
- Musk, who reportedly has an “active role” in the venture, has hinted at his interest in this area numerous times.
- Musk has repeatedly warned about the perils of artificial intelligence previously describing it as potentially the greatest threat to the existence to human life.
The CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, Elon Musk, is backing a new company that seeks to explore the possibility of merging the human brain with artificial intelligence (AI) to help humans keep up with machines.
Continue reading “New Elon Musk venture aims to connect human brain with AI — RT Viral”
- Snap’s expected IPO coming sometime next year will likely keep a fire lit under Snap to further innovate.
- While GBB campaigns are still charged on a CPM basis, Snap says the campaigns end up being more effective.
- Snap has also been making a big push to improve measurement.
- Snapchat is adding ways to optimize campaign performance with the help of machine learning.
- According to CBInsights , Snap Inc. acquired four patents in 2016, and while it’s nowhere near the 16 it received in 2015 or the 18 it received in 2014, it’ll likely need to keep innovating next year.
Snapchat is adding ways to optimize campaign performance with the help of machine learning. Earlier this month, Snap Inc. began rolling out what it calls Goal-Based Bidding (GBB). The option, available to marketers buying ads through Snapchat’s API, uses machine learning to know which users are most likely to swipe a certain type of ad.
Continue reading “Snapchat Is Beginning to Use Machine Learning to Improve Ad Targeting”
- An early computer rendering of Zoox’s Boz sports car, in which passengers face each other as the car drives itself.
- IHS Automotive has predicted that by 2025 there will be 300,000 self-driving cars and just as many driverless vehicles on the road; by 2030, there will be 2.2 million self-driving and driverless cars on the road; and by 2035, there will be 11 million self-driving and 10 million driverless vehicles in operation.
- is not a self-driving car any more than the automobile is a horseless carriage.
- As the auto industry races toward shipping fully autonomous vehicles, self-driving technology startups have become attractive acquisition targets for traditional automakers and others.
- Ford Motor Co. plans to begin mass producing a fully autonomous vehicle by 2021 that it will sell for ride-hailing markets such as Uber.
Zoox Labs, a two-year old Silicon Valley autonomous vehicle start-up, just raised another $50 million in investment funding, which skyrocketed the company’s market value to $1.5 billion even before it’s shipped a single car.
Continue reading “Self-driving car startup now valued at $1.5B”
- Seagate Earnings Jump on Cost Cuts, Storage Demand
- CEO Ginni Rometty highlights Watson’s recent pact with GM at WSJ’s tech conference
- Ms. Rometty, speaking at The Wall Street Journal’s WSJDLive 2016 technology conference, pointed to the company’s new deal with General Motors Co. to pair Watson with GM’s OnStar system in cars as an example of how IBM is extending Watson’s reach.
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty talks about how her company has changed its focus as the world has changed.
- Citrix Raises Annual Outlook as Quarterly Earnings Jump
International Business Machines Corp.’s Watson artificial intelligence technology is on track to be used in some form by a billion people by the end of next year, Chief Executive Ginni Rometty said Wednesday.
Continue reading “IBM: A Billion People to Use Watson by 2018”
- How to Build and Modify GM LS-Series Engines (Motorbooks Workshop)
- How to Rebuild GM LS-Series Engines (S-A Design)
- If your GM vehicle needs fuel, for instance, OnStar Go would point you towards an Exxon Mobil gas station .
- According to The Wall Street Journal , GM and IBM will share any revenue generated with its partners.
- GM plans to introduce its new OnStar Go service by the end of 2017 on approximately two million cars.
General Motors and IBM are partnering to bring personalized content, including mobile-commerce services, to drivers.
Continue reading “OnStar to use IBM artificial intelligence to market services to drivers”