- From Ash to Bishop to David, the Alien franchise has become known for its android characters, and we’ll be meeting a new one in the form of Walter (played by Michael Fassbender) in this year’s Alien: Covenant.
- But what’s interesting here in 2017, unlike in 1979, is that real technology has finally caught up with movie technology; Walter, made out of 3D molds and with a memory chip for a brain, doesn’t feel quite as futuristic as Ash did back in the original Alien.
- Ridley Scott, along with son Luke Scott, talks artificial intelligence in this new Alien: Covenant featurette video from Wired.
- Katherine Waterston (Inherent Vice, Jobs, The Babysitters) stars with Michael Fassbender returning as Prometheus‘ android David (and Walter), with a crew that includes Demian Bichir and Danny McBride (“Eastbound and Down”), as well as Alex England (Gods of Egypt), Billy Crudup, Amy Seimetz (A Horrible Way to Die, “The Killing”), Jussie Smollett (“Empire”), Carmen Ejogo, and Callie Hernandez (Machete Kills).
- Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition
Ridley Scott had previously promised to answer questions that left Prometheus viewers confused: “Covenant is really going to show you who did it and why.”
Once computers start to think, we’re all in trouble. From Ash to Bishop to David, the Alien franchise has become known for its android characters, and we’l
Continue reading “Ridley Scott Talks Artificial Intelligence in ‘Alien: Covenant’ Featurette”