- The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016.
- The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own.
- Here is the Nature paper explaining technical details (also PDF version: Mastering the Game of Go without Human Knowledge One of the main reasons for success was the use of a novel form of Reinforcement learning in which AlphaGo learned by playing itself.The system starts with a neural net that…
- It plays millions of games against itself and tuned the neural network to predict next move and the eventual winner of the games.The updated neural network was merged with the Monte Carlo Tree Search algorithm to create a new and stronger version of AlphaGo Zero, and the process resumed.
- In each iteration, the performance improved by a small amount, but because it can play millions of games a day, AlphaGo Zero surpassed thousands of years of human knowledge of Go in just 3 days., from DeepMind post This is a hugely significant advance for AI and Machine Learning research.Here…
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
Continue reading “AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI”
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a science and a set of computational technologies that are inspired by—but typically operate quite differently from—the ways people use their nervous systems and bodies to sense, learn, reason, and take action. While the rate of progress in AI has been patchy and unpredictable, there have been significant advances since the field’s inception sixty years ago…
Toby Walsh, Professor Artificial Intelligence, University of NSW Sydney “There’s lots of AI already in our lives. You can already see it on your smartphone every time you use Siri, every time you ask a lexer a question, every time you actually use your satellite navigation. You are using one of these algorithms. You are using some AI that’s recognizing your speech, answering questions, giving you search results recommending books for you to buy on Amazon. They’re the beginnings of AI everywhere in our lives.”
Continue reading “The Artificial Intelligence Race: The AI Documentary”
- The study polled AI experts on when they thought robots and programs would be able to perform to a handful of jobs and tasks better than humans.
- For instance, robots will likely be able to fold laundry better than humans between the next two and fourteen years, with the median response being six years.
- So, sometime in the next fourteen years (though likely well before that), you’ll probably start seeing robots at your nearest laundromat.
- According to the same polled audience, robots will take over all human jobs sometime in the next 200+ years, with the median response being around 120+ years from now.
- You should definitely take a look at all the ways your job could automated in the next decade-plus.
Years from now, robots will replace every human in every job function. Here’s how long that will take to accomplish.
Continue reading “How Robots Will Quickly Replace You at Your Job”
I am briefly sharing a video from the last TensorFlow Dev Summit in February 2017. My choice has fallen to a presentation by François Chollet of the deep learning library API Keras and its integration with TensorFlow. As Dr. Chollet explains, Keras integrated with TensorFlow promises to streamline deep learning frameworks in ways that will…
Continue reading “TensorFlow Dev Summit 2017: Integrating Keras and TensorFlow”
- It’s almost safe to say human level artificial intelligence will happen in the years to come, but the question is, how long do we have to wait?
- As expected, many folks view a future of singularity AI to be a huge problem humans must refrain from bringing into existence, but Damien Scott, a Stanford University business and energy and earth sciences graduate, doesn’t quite agree.
- “We’ll start to see narrow artificial intelligence domains that keep getting better than the best human,” Scott told Inverse in an interview.
- Soon enough, every industry will have an AI calling the shots, but to us, the real problem would come into play if humans create an artificial intelligence with every imaginable information baked into its brain.
- From what many industry pundits have to say, and what we have seen of modern artificial intelligence, its’s clear the singularity is coming.
Artificial intelligence is on the rise and getting smarter with every passing year. It’s almost safe to say human level artificial intelligence will happen in the years
Continue reading “Could Artificial Intelligence Achieve Singularity in 20 Years?”
- How Artificial Intelligence Could Supercharge Your Ecommerce Website [Infographic]
- Mark is the Founder and Managing Director of Red Website Design, a low cost web design and internet marketing company based in the UK.
- Red Stag Fulfillment demonstrate the power of AI for ecommerce in this infographic.
- Are you looking for ways to improve your Ecommerce website ?
- Have you considered how Artificial Intelligence can help?
Are you looking for ways to improve your Ecommerce website? Have you considered how Artificial Intelligence can help?
Continue reading “How Artificial Intelligence Could Supercharge Your Ecommerce Website [Infographic]”
- Snap’s expected IPO coming sometime next year will likely keep a fire lit under Snap to further innovate.
- While GBB campaigns are still charged on a CPM basis, Snap says the campaigns end up being more effective.
- Snap has also been making a big push to improve measurement.
- Snapchat is adding ways to optimize campaign performance with the help of machine learning.
- According to CBInsights , Snap Inc. acquired four patents in 2016, and while it’s nowhere near the 16 it received in 2015 or the 18 it received in 2014, it’ll likely need to keep innovating next year.
Snapchat is adding ways to optimize campaign performance with the help of machine learning. Earlier this month, Snap Inc. began rolling out what it calls Goal-Based Bidding (GBB). The option, available to marketers buying ads through Snapchat’s API, uses machine learning to know which users are most likely to swipe a certain type of ad.
Continue reading “Snapchat Is Beginning to Use Machine Learning to Improve Ad Targeting”
- Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next
- Scoble and Israel, looking down the path of the future with AR, VR, and AI, also want to remind us: “Something new is .”
- With his first reading, Israel introduced us to the book’s theme by way of its opening sentence – one with a leading clause that sounds particularly familiar. “
- Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before DOS was popular, tech evangelist Robert Scoble and prolific writer Shel Israel performed a reading of their newest collaboration, a book entitled The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality (AR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Change Everything.
- In the beginning,” Israel started, “there were mainframes.
Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before…
Continue reading “Something New Is Coming – AltspaceVR – Medium”
- Machine learning is no longer just a tool for data scientists.
- The O’Reilly report not only introduces you to contemporary machine learning systems, but also provides a conceptual framework to help you integrate machine-learning capabilities into your user-facing designs.
- Stay up to date with advancements in the field and spot emerging opportunities for machine learning-aided design
- You’ll learn how recent advancements in machine learning can radically enhance software capabilities through natural language processing, image recognition, content personalization, and behavior prediction.
- Using tangible, real-world examples, author Patrick Hebron explains how machine-learning applications can affect the way you design websites, mobile applications, and other software.
Machine learning is no longer just a tool for data scientists. By taking advantage of recent advances in this technology, UI and UX designers can find ways to better engage with and understand their users. This O’Reilly report not only introduces you…
Continue reading “Machine Learning for Designers”
- Google says its GNMT system is even approaching human-level translation accuracy.
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has unveiled the design for the giant rocket booster he wants to build in order to colonize Mars.
- Elon Musk has a lot to prove at today’s Mars colonization announcement
- Google’s AI translation system is approaching human-level accuracy
- Google is one of the leading providers of artificial intelligence-assisted language translation, and the company now says a new technique for doing so is vastly improving the results.
Google is one of the leading providers of artificial intelligence-assisted language translation, and the company now says a new technique for doing so is vastly improving the results. The company’s…
Continue reading “Google’s AI translation system is approaching human-level accuracy”