- Wednesday, March 1st Baltimore, MD — In March 2016 Insilico Medicine initiated a research collaboration with Life Extension to apply advanced bioinformatic methods and deep learning algorithms to screen for naturally occurring compounds that may slow down or even reverse the cellular and molecular mechanisms of aging.
- Today Life Extension (LE) launched a new line of nutraceuticals called GEROPROTECTTM, and the first product in the series called Ageless CellTM combines some of the natural compounds that were shortlisted by Insilico Medicine’s algorithms and are generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
- The first research results on human biomarkers of aging and the product will be presented at the Re-Work Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in London 28.02−01.03, 2017, one of the popular multidisciplinary conferences focusing on the emerging area of deep learning and machine intelligence.
- “We salute Life Extension on the launch of GEROPROTECTTM: Ageless Cell, the first combination of nutraceuticals developed using our artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Also, LE also has a unique mail order blood test service that allows US customers to perform comprehensive blood tests to help identify potential health concerns and to track the effects of the nutraceutical products,” said Alex Zhavoronkov, PhD, CEO of Insilico Medicine, Inc.
Artificial intelligence enters the nutraceutical industry
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence enters the nutraceutical industry”
- Béhar says that while the robot can’t replace human interaction, it can offer a companion to elderly people living alone.
- Tech startup Intuition Robotics unveiled an artificial intelligence-based robot companion that aims to improve the quality of life of elderly people on Wednesday.
- AI Robot Companion Wants to Keep Old People Company
- ElliQ is an “active aging companion” aimed at making elderly people feel less lonely.
- “The idea of having a robot companion is quite dystopian, especially for older generations,” said Yves Béhar, CEO of Fuseproject-a design studio that collaborated with Intuition Robotics on the ElliQ.
The ElliQ is a voice-activated, AI-based companion for the elderly.
Continue reading “This robot ‘ageing companion’ is like an Alexa for the elderly”
- Discuss: How AI could help save the humble sea cow
- The same AI approach could be used to track other threatened populations, ensuring that sea cows will have some playmates.
- Google puts repeatedly dangerous websites on notice
- Using the open-source TensorFlow software, researcher Amanda Hodgson of Murdoch University and her team built a detector to find sea cows in the photos, Gordon said.
- Google’s neural network software is being used to scan thousands of photos to detect the cute mammals threatened by extinction.
Google’s neural network software is being used to scan thousands of photos to detect the cute mammals threatened by extinction.
Continue reading “How AI could help save the humble sea cow”
- ” It follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence – and exceed it .”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) could be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, acclaimed physicist Stephen Hawking has warned.
- Robots could be the worst thing ever for humanity, warns Stephen Hawking
- ” The rise of powerful AI will be either the best, or the worst thing, ever to happen to humanity .”
- Hawking warned AI ” could develop a will of its own – a will that is in conflict with ours. “
Artificial Intelligence (AI) could be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, acclaimed physicist Stephen Hawking has warned.
Continue reading “Robots could be the worst thing ever for humanity, warns Stephen Hawking — RT UK”
- Last month, Uber launched a small fleet of self-driving cars in Pittsburg.
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
- Discuss: Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot
- As head of Uber, Kalanick is leading the world’s highest valued venture-backed company — valued at $68 billion.
- Uber is one of the world’s largest ride-hailing services but the company’s future holds more, said company CEO Travis Kalanick on Wednesday.
Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
Continue reading “Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot”
- Melinda Gates noted that you can tell a lot about where her husband’s interest is by the books he has been reading. “
- Bill Gates is excited about the rise of artificial intelligence but acknowledged the arrival of machines with greater-than-human capabilities will create some unique challenges.
- Bill Gates talks about why artificial intelligence is nearly and how to solve two big problems it creates
- Gates has talked about that in the past, saying that he plans to spend time with people who have ideas on how to address that issue, noting work being done at Stanford, among other places.
- “The dream is finally arriving,” Gates said, speaking with wife Melinda Gates on Wednesday at the Code Conference .
Read the full article, click here.
@Wecapser: “Bill Gates talks about why artificial intelligence via @Recode”
The real challenge is ensuring humans stay in control.
Bill Gates talks about why artificial intelligence is nearly here and how to solve two big problems it creates
- Google’s AI art project tickles the ivories in its debut
- The 90-second piano melody is the first piece of art released under Project Magenta, an artificial intelligence effort to create original music and visual art.
- One of the greatest challenges of the project is not only creating art but also telling a compelling story, Eck wrote.
- The project, announced last week at Moogfest, is an artificial intelligence effort to create original music and visual art.
- The Web giant on Wednesday unveiled a 90-second piano melody ( mp3 ), the first piece of art created by machine learning as part of Project Magenta.
Read the full article, click here.
@CNET: “Watch out, composers. Google’s new AI art project has learned how to make music”
The 90-second piano melody is the first piece of art released under Project Magenta, an artificial intelligence effort to create original music and visual art.
Google’s AI art project tickles the ivories in its debut