- Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
- More Options
- Quote of the Day
- Theodore Roosevelt
The FDA approval of a cloud based machine learning application to be used in a clinical setting to help physicians understand how a heart is functioning signals a major breakthrough. Cutting examination time from up to an hour to just 15 seconds paves the way for more AI algorithms in healthcare.
Continue reading “First FDA Approval For Clinical Cloud-Based Deep Learning In Healthcare”
- Believe in what you do and think hard about what kind of changes you want your work to make.
- More Options
- Quote of the Day
- Ceci Bastida
There is little doubt that Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are transformative technologies in most areas of our lives. While the two concepts are often used interchangeably there are important ways in which they are different. Let’s explore the key differences between them.
Continue reading “What Is The Difference Between Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning?”
- Tags Soul Machines university of auckland
- Artificial Intelligence deal “biggest ” for University of Auckland
- Intelligent computers that look, think and react like humans are the latest technology being developed at the University of Auckland to become a commercial venture.
- Dr Sagar won two academy awards for his work on the Avatar blockbuster, and becomes CEO of Soul Machines.
- The company is developing a completely new user interface between humans and machines, based on technology created by Dr Mark Sagar and his team at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute (ABI) at the University of Auckland.
Intelligent computers that look, think and react like humans are the latest technology being developed at the University of Auckland.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence deal “biggest yet” for University of Auckland”
- Last month, Uber launched a small fleet of self-driving cars in Pittsburg.
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
- Discuss: Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot
- As head of Uber, Kalanick is leading the world’s highest valued venture-backed company — valued at $68 billion.
- Uber is one of the world’s largest ride-hailing services but the company’s future holds more, said company CEO Travis Kalanick on Wednesday.
Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
Continue reading “Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot”
- Google says its GNMT system is even approaching human-level translation accuracy.
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has unveiled the design for the giant rocket booster he wants to build in order to colonize Mars.
- Elon Musk has a lot to prove at today’s Mars colonization announcement
- Google’s AI translation system is approaching human-level accuracy
- Google is one of the leading providers of artificial intelligence-assisted language translation, and the company now says a new technique for doing so is vastly improving the results.
Google is one of the leading providers of artificial intelligence-assisted language translation, and the company now says a new technique for doing so is vastly improving the results. The company’s…
Continue reading “Google’s AI translation system is approaching human-level accuracy”
- As an example, the post embeds Daddy’s Car , an AI-composed song that’s meant to follow the musical style of The Beatles.
- The post provides another example, The Ballad of Mr. Shadow , which is composed by artificial intelligence in the style of Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, and Cole Porter.
- There’s no question that this work can lead to new modes of access to music, interaction with sound, and human interaction, as Sony’s site says.
- After “exploiting unique combinations of style transfer, optimization and interaction techniques, it can compose in any style,” the post reads.
- It’s a question we’ll likely not know the answer to for a number of years, but there’s no doubt that artificial intelligence has the potential to disrupt the music industry forever.
The team’s Flow Machines project successfully created entire pop songs composed by artificial intelligence, after learning musical styles from a database.
Continue reading “Sony Composes Music With Artificial Intelligence”
- Software engineers using machine learning in applications or building machine learning infrastructure.
- Please join us for our first Machine Learning Unconference, an experimental gathering driven by its participants rather than an organizing committee.
- OpenAI is sponsoring and hosting the event, but the event itself has no official organization – it’s just people who find this invitation interesting, meeting to discuss machine learning.
- We’d like to try instead hosting an event focused on the most valuable part of any conference: the people.
- We’re particularly excited to support women, minorities, and members of other groups underrepresented in machine learning.
Read the full article, click here.
@jackclarkSF: “Like AI? Come to the @OpenAI machine learning unconference < grants available!”
Machine learning is moving incredibly quickly. To keep up, many
practioners spend several weeks a year at conferences. However,
conference presentations are all on work submitted months prior,
meaning that people are already intimately familiar with the content
(and it’s often already been surpassed).
Machine Learning Unconference