- This post is the second part of the multi-part series on a complete tensorflow tutorial – – – If you have tensorflow already installed, you can just skip to the next section.
- Below we have the different data types in supported by Tensorflow.
- Note: Quantitized values [qint8, qint16 and quint8] are special values for tensorflow that help reduce the size of the data.
- In fact, Google has gone to the extent of introducing Tensorflow Processing Units (TPUs) to speed up computation by leveraging quantitized values – – We will quickly generate some data to get started.
- In the next part, we will finally be ready to train our first tensorflow model on house prices.
In this multi-part series, we will explore how to get started with tensorflow. This tensorflow tutorial will lay a solid foundation to this popular tool that…
@analyticbridge: Tensorflow Tutorial : Part 2 – Getting Started
In this multi-part series, we will explore how to get started with tensorflow. This tensorflow tutorial will lay a solid foundation to this popular tool that everyone seems to be talking about. The second part is a tensorflow tutorial on getting started, installing and building a small use case.
This post is the second part of the multi-part series on a complete tensorflow tutorial –
If you have tensorflow already installed, you can just skip to the next section.
Different operating systems have different means to install tensorflow. You can go through the documentation for more details. I will just be discussing what is essential to get started.
Try to follow the most basic structures with the best practices already mentioned in the documentation.
Installing Tensorflow with GPU requires you to have NVIDIA GPU. AMD video cards are not supported with tensorflow. NVIDIA uses low level GPU computing system called CUDA. It is an NVIDIA proprietary software.
One can go the OpenCL way with AMD but as of now it won’t work with tensorflow.
Also, all NVIDIA devices are not supported. Here is a list from the NVIDIA documentation listing the supported GPUs.
There are three environments you can leverage to setup tensorflow –
is the preferred way of direct installation
is like a parallel python installation apart from the default python that is already installed in our system. Installing libraries in a virtual environment…