- ‘We want to find ways to make smaller aircraft more effective, and one promising idea is enabling existing large aircraft, with minimal modification, to become ‘aircraft carriers in the sky’,’ said Dan Patt, DARPA program manager.Â
- epa03361978 Undated handout graphic released by the US Air Force showing EPA/US AIR FORCE / HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY Air Force bosses reveal hypersonic planes that would fly…
- The Gremlins would be launched in mid-air from larger aircraft and then retrieved in the same way.
- In its briefing, the agency said it hopes that by using cheap drone aircraft it would be possible to overwhelm the increasingly sophisticated defences of enemies.
- Not only would the concept remove the risk to pilots by keeping them out of the front line but it would also drastically reduce the cost of each aircraft.
Read the full article, click here.
@gp_pulipaka: “The U.S. Military Is building Gremlins. #BigData #DataScience #USAF #MachineLearning #AI”
The US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is developing the swarms of re-usable drone aircraft that can work together to perform a mission.
US military is developing ‘Gremlin’ drones to overwhelm enemy defenses and conduct missions too dangerous for manned aircraft