- Magic Pony is the third machine-learning start-up Twitter has purchased in as many years.
- Fresh off a $70 million investment in audio-streaming service SoundCloud , Twitter announced Monday that it has purchased Magic Pony, a British artificial-intelligence start-up, for a reported $150 million .
- Prior to buying up Magic Pony, Twitter bought A.I. start-ups Madbits in 2014 and Whetlab a year later.
- “Today, we’re very excited to announce that we’re expanding our capabilities in machine learning,” Dorsey wrote on Twitter . “
- Magic Pony, whose image-processing technology could be used to improve Twitter’s video capabilities, comes as Dorsey is under increased pressure to drive new users to the social messaging platform by expanding into hosting live events.
Read the full article, click here.
@VanityFair: “Twitter has bought an artificial-intelligence start-up for $150 million via @VFHive”
It’s the tech giant’s third machine-learning acquisition in as many years.
Why Twitter Just Bought an Artificial-Intelligence Start-Up Called Magic Pony