- BIG DATA: ‘Big Data Is People!’
- Singularity University, Singularity Hub, Singularity University Summits, SU Labs, Singularity Labs, Exponential Medicine and all associated logos and design elements are trademarks and/or service marks of Singularity Education Group.
- Alison tells the stories of purpose-driven leaders and is fascinated by various intersections of technology and society.
- Rebecca Lemov | Aeon “M ost definitions of big data don’t take account of its inherent humanness, nor do they grapple meaningfully with its implications for the relationship between technology and changing ways of defining ourselves…
- Dango isn’t just scanning your message looking for the word ‘horse’ and then recommending the horse emoji.
Read the full article, click here.
@singularityhub: “What We’re Reading This Week:
FUTURE OF WORK: Basic Income: A Sellout of the American Dream
David H. Freedman | MIT Technology Review
“What’s not to like about free money? …Well, there’s the fact that a universal basic income could add as much as $2 trillion in annual expenses to the U.S. budget. Then there’s the question of whether such a program might disconnect large swaths of our population from the positive aspects of working for a living—a potentially toxic side effect. And finally, there’s little convincing evidence that large-scale technological unemployment is actually happening or will happen in the immediate future.”
This Week’s Awesome Stories From Around the Web (Through June 18th)